The front pins on the roof were not strong enough. One of them
snapped off. I drilled out the bullets and tapped them 1/4" x
20. I then threaded a 1/4" bolt into the bullet. I cut out the
old pins from the roof. I placed the roof in position after
masking off the front frame. I clamped the roof in position and
then inserted the new stronger bullets into the roof opening. I
then bondoed them in place, let dry and removed the roof. After
finishing off the area where the new bullets were inserted, it
now fits on the back deck lid. I still need to resolve the roof
need to work on the Northstar computer, but in order to remove
the computer, it involved taking out the seats, subwoofer,
center consol and switches. I decided to open up the back area
of the consol and create a cover using the original Fiero light.
After removing the interior, I enlarged the opening on the back
of the consol. I installed a foam covered bar for the computer
to rest on when put back in place. I connected the Fiero lights
to the dome lights. By adding foam to the end pieces, and
masking off the lights, I covered it with headliner foam.
Because I wanted to still use the map lights, I cut out the foam
so I could push the buttons on or off through the upholster.
This essentially hides them but still provides functionality.
When finished upholstering, it provides a nice functional cover
that allows me to still have access to the computer.